Co-ordinators: José María Díaz Nafría, Teresa Guarda
The glossaLAB Project has the purpose of developing an interactive open platform for conceptual elucidation and its application to the interdisciplinary co-creation, learning, dissemination and assessment of the knowledge underpinning interdisciplinary frameworks (in particular, the general study of systems and information). This development comprises:
- at the technical level, the semantically interoperable recompilation of valuable scattered encyclopaedic contents;
- at the theoretical level, the increase of intensional performance (or reduction of conceptual redundancy) and the further elucidation of concept; and
- at the meta-theoretical level, the assessment of knowledge integration based on diversity and conceptual network integration.
The glossaLAB consortium is constituted by:
- Universidad Estatal Península de Santa Elena (Ecuador),
- Madrid Open University (Spain),
- GSIS – The Institute for a Global Sustainable Information Society (former UTI Group) (Austria),
- BITrum – Grupo de investigación (Spain),
- Universidad de León (España),
- Institute for Design Science (Germany),
- International Society for the Study of Information (Austria),
- Yachay University of Technology (Ecuador),
- Universidad Politécnica Salesiana (Ecuador).
Funded project. Start: March 2019.
Das Leben des Lebens
Editor: Wolfgang Hofkirchner
Translation: Cecile Malaspina, Rainer E. Zimmermann
German translation of Edgar Morin's second volume La Vie de la Vie of the six volumes of La Méthode. It follows the first volume Die Natur der Natur.
Book project. Publication planned for 2020.
Editors: Wolfgang Hofkirchner, Hans-Jörg Kreowski
The proper guide to a posthuman condition or a dangerous idea?
Book project. To be published in 2019 in the Springer book series Cognitive Technologies.
Origins of Systems Thinking
Co-ordinators: Robert K. Logan, Annette Grathoff, Wolfgang Hofkirchner
The assumption we would like to substantiate is that not only with the science of Ecology, not only with General System Theory and even not only with Aristotle Systems Thinking was born. It might have been born with the birth of homo sapiens (sapiens) and might have to do with conceptual thinking that features the capacity to generalisations and with the dissociation of humans from their social relations that features the capacity to hierarchical thinking.
Eigen project. Start: August 2017.
Systems Approaches to Information Ethics
Co-ordinators: Tomas Sigmund, Wolfgang Hofkirchner
How does Information Ethics take shape in the perspective of Systems Theory?
Supported by the Department of Systems Analysis, Faculty of Informatics and Statistics, University of Economics, Prague. Start: January 2017.
Social Net-working Sites in the Sur-veillance Society
Co-ordinator: Christian Fuchs
The overall aim was to study electronic surveillance on social networking sites that are used by Austrian students.
Past project funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF. Duration: 2010-2014.
Human Strategies in Com-plexity
Co-ordinator: Wolfgang Hofkirchner
The overall aim was to lay foundations for an evolutionary systems theory.
Past project funded by INTAS and the Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Culture. Supported by the UTI Research Group. Duration: 2001-2004.
Updated on 2019-04-18T10:22:52+02:00, by .